Sunday, May 31, 2009

Say goodbye to the brown bag blahs!

While I haven't really been cooking proper meals since the bf and I are staying in the presence of one of the most amazing cooks I've ever met, I have been packing lunch daily for the bf and I. The bf and I have decided to make a real life change in terms of how we eat. We've both gained a significant amount of weight during law school and have decided now is the time to start losing that weight. Since it is way easier to control what you eat when you pack it yourself we've been packing lunch everyday for class. An added bonus is that this saves us a ton of money!

Since there are always plenty of leftovers, I have been coming up with combinations of these leftovers for lunch that aren't boring. Below is the recipe for the grilled chicken and couscous salad that I made for tomorrow:

Grilled Chicken and Couscous Salad: (for 2 people)
2 grilled chicken breasts cut up into small pieces (or 2 servings of the prepackaged grilled chicken)
1 cup prepared couscous (any style with any seasonings you like)
1/2 cup steamed broccoli chopped
1/2 cup grilled zuchinni sliced
1/2 cup grilled onions and mushrooms
Drizzle of basalmic vinegar
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a plasticware bowl and mix well; place in the fridge. Allow to marinate overnight and you're done, it will be ready to eat for lunch the next day. I'd throw in some pretzels and some fruit to complete the meal.

Enjoy! Also, I'm sorry there are no pictures for any of my recent posts. My camera cord is MIA right now because of the move. As soon as I find it, I'll start posting pics again.

4 comments:

BLC :o said...

Mmm that sounds delish! I hope all is going well with the move. Xoxo-BLC

- said...

Great idea!

CTB said...

I swear you can read my mind! I've been on the search for healthy recipes lately. Thank you!

AmyT said...

mmm sounds delish - I know I haven't been eating 'well' lately, I need to get back on track!!!