Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lots of Random Things

I'm sorry for being MIA over the last week or so, I've been busy with all of the graduation festivities and packing. I'm a little freaked out, the bf and I move on Friday and we've been packing since the families left Friday night. I'm also excited about the move but it is going to be a big change.

Since my graduation post was like 3 sentences I thought that I'd write a little bit more about it. Long story short, I definitely felt like a pompous ass with all of the stuff we had to wear. Although I have to admit the hat was really cool. The hood kind of choked me. But it was still really cool, as the bf and I were walking to the graduate waiting area we definitely got lots of fun looks from the families of the undergraduate graduates as well as the undergrads themselves. Did I mention that the vice president also spoke and received an honorary degree? He did and didn't stick his foot in his mouth which was probably a relief for many!

Moving has been an interesting experience, it is amazing how much stuff the bf and I have acquired in the last year. Thankfully, we've got awesome friends who have helped us pack for the last couple of days. Also, we were lucky to find a consignment furniture shop who will pay us cash for the furniture that we don't have room for (we're going to be moving from a 3 bedroom house into a 2 bedroom apartment).

Also, USC Emily at From the Land of Cotton has given me the One Lovely Blog Award. Thanks!

Here are the rules:

1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link.

2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I'm tagging everyone for this award! So congrats to all of you from me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best with moving. My advice, since I just did this a few weeks ago- get yourself some sleep. Don't get too stressed out with packing or anything. BTW... congrats on the award. You deserve it!

Katy said...

Clay and I moved twice in seven months. From South Carolina to Indiana and back. I had no idea how much junk we had to begin with, but while we were in Indiana we acquired A LOT. Now I am steadily sorting through everything... five months later.Haha