Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend West Coast Style

I've had the busiest weekend! For graduation the bf's dad got him the opportunity to be a Ball Dude for a day at the San Francisco Giants game (both the bf and his dad are HUGE baseball fans), and this weekend at the Cubs game, my bf got to sit on the field and shag ground balls at the Giants v. Cubs game on Thursday. He was so excited and looked adorable in his balldude uniform.

Because of the big event, the bf's dad flew the bf and I to San Fran for the game (the bf grew up in the Bay area and his parents are still there). We had the best time, as we always do when we go visit his parents and friends! Anywhoo, I didn't get back until this afternoon and had to immediately start cooking to go to the bf's cousins for a Break the Fast dinner (Yom Kippur ended at sundown today). Needless to say I haven't had a lot of time to read blogs, post, or cook. Don't worry, lots of fun dinners planned for this week!

However, while staying in the suburbs of the city by the bay, I discovered the best consignment shop! The bf, his dad and his stepmom and I all went to the Walnut Creek Arts Festival and while looking at the vendors I stumbled upon the best shop in the downtown area. It is called Labels (I think) and it is full of designer duds. I got a pair of peep toe Marc Jacobs pumps for $10 (they need some work so I'll post pics when I'm finished). The shoe section alone is worth going, it's amazing! Most of the entire back of the store is nothing but designer shoes (I'm talking Manolos, Jimmy Choo's etc.). The clothing is the same, lots of Burberry, Chanel, etc.! I wish I had more money to spend on this trip because I could have done some major damage (there's always next time).

Moral of the story -- San Francisco is a consignment shop/thrift store junkie's heaven! There are some amazing ones in the city as well (Kris is fantastic, google it for the address) but the shops in the suburbs are a little bit cheaper so if you've got a rental car, definitely make the trip to Walnut Creek and check out Labels!

I hope everyone has as much fun this weekend as I did!

No comments: