Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Because my 10:00 a.m. class is being held at 8:00 a.m. today

Because it's early and I'm in class, I thought I'd post one of my all time favorite breakfast recipes. This is a recipe for French Toast (I haven't made it in forever mostly because the bf doesn't like it and this recipe makes a whole lot of French Toast)

Ingredients:
4-6 slices of bread (any kind you like, but cinnamon raisin bread is awesome)
4-6 eggs (or however many you have)
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg, cloves or whatever sweet spices you have on hand
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons butter
powdered sugar (for topping)
maple syrup, fresh fruit, jam, whipped cream, fruit syrup, (for topping, or any other topping you may want)

Directions:
Melt the butter over medium low heat in a nonstick skillet. In a shallow baking dish or bowl whisk the eggs and milk. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and whatever other spices you like.

Dip the bread lightly on each side in the egg mixture (don't leave the bread in the mixture too long or it will soak up too much of the mixture). Place the bread in the skillet and cook unitl golden brown.

Keep warm in an oven at 250 if you'd like. Dust the toast with powdered sugar before serving with maple syrup or fruit and whipped cream.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

katie lake said...

you can make it for me!