Thursday, March 12, 2009

Back from Vegas

Since this week is Spring Break for me and most of my friends we decided to take 4 days to go to Vegas for my friend and her fiance's joint bachelor/bachelorette parties. Since obviously I didn't cook during our 4 days away I decided to post on a couple of the places we ate while in town.

First of all, its a great time to go to Vegas. Our trip was less than $300 per person for airfare and hotel and we received 2 free tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show. Secondly, if you are in Vegas and want to see a show, don't book beforehand, check out Tickets 4 Tonight (there is a booth next to Neiman Marcus in the Fashion Show Mall) and get your tickets at a discount. Great for any girl on a budget!

Now on to the food, I have to admit that the bf and I did splurge a lot on food while we were away -- we really wanted to show the bride and groom a good time! However, I do have one kind of budget friendy recommendation. Osteria del Circo at the Bellagio was amazing. It serves upscale Tuscan fair in a beautiful setting (our table overlooked the fountain show!). Some of the dishes can be pricey, but considering this restaurant is owned by the Maccioni family behind Le Cirque, Circo is a bargain for the quality of food you receive. This is also a great place to go with a group because of the range of entrees (and prices). You can get anything from pizza to pasta to fresh seafood and entree prices range from $18 to $50+ so there is something for everyone!

Check it out while you're in Vegas!

No comments: