Saturday, February 6, 2010

Here's to new thrift stores

The bf and I had a "Katie Day" today, meaning that he tagged along as I did whatever I wanted. Essentially this means that we checked out a new thrift store that I discovered while walking from my gym to the train.

I'm certainly glad we checked out the shop. Why you may ask? Well, because I found a lovely charcoal grey Armani suit for $20. yes you read that correctly, an Armani suit for $20. Now I'm not going to lie, the suit definitely needs to be cleaned and it also needs to be taken in, but the suit is in great condition and it's not straight out of the 1980's. It is a classically tailored 3 button pinstripe skirt suit.

Besides the Armani suit, my trip to the thrift store also lead my to their sister store in which everything in the store is $3. At this stop I ended up with a pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans, a pair of Seven for All Mankind jeans and a pair of Juicy sweats. Not bad for $9 if I do say so myself.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

3 comments:

AmyT said...

what a awesome deal!! I love to drag my hubby along - secretly...I don't think he really minds ;-)

Freck said...

Wow! I really need to check out the thrift stores in the area! So cheap!

katie lake said...

Did you find anything new and fun to put in your Etsy?!