Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One of My Favorites

So some you you may have already discovered this great way to make a sandwich more interesting, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

I love Panini's but they can be quite pricey and in the current economic climate this is a great way to get a sandwich shop style Panini with stuff you probably have at home.

All you need is a George Foreman or some other type of tabletop grill.

Ingredients/Appliances:
George Foreman Grill (any size will do)
Bread (2 slices per sandwich of whatever kind you want)
Meat (I like Black Forest Ham, but your favorite kind will do)
Cheese (I use Swiss or Cheddar but again, personal preference)
Toppings (lettuce, onions, tomatoes, whatever you like)
Mayo, Mustard, etc.
Cooking Spray (like Pam)
Dill pickle spears (optional)

Instructions:
Heat grill.
Assemble sandwich and spray heated grill with cooking spray. Place sandwich on grill and close the grill. Grill until bread looks toasted and cheese is melted.

Slice sandwich in half and serve with a dill pickle spear.

You can also omit the meat and topings and use the George Foreman to make a kick ass grilled cheese.

No comments: